Key features of our RE Curriculum:
- Know about and understand a range of religious and world views.
- Express ideas and insights about the nature, significance and impact of religion on worldviews.
- Gain and deploy the skills needed to engage seriously with religions and worldviews.
RE at Sywell CE Primary School actively promotes values, including British values (one community, many cultures, working together). It is challenging, inspiring and fun.
Pupils learn that religions have a:
- commitment to morality and social justice,
- to responsible stewardship of the environment
- to deepening the experience of being human.
RE explores big questions about life, to find out what people believe and what differences this makes to how they live, so that pupils can make a sense of religion, reflecting on their own ideas and ways of living (learning about religion and also learning from religion).