What is the PTFA
The Parent Teacher Friends Association of Sywell CE Primary School is a group of parents and teachers who organise events for the school community.
We work with the school to identify projects that need additional funding and will enhance the educational experiences of the children.
- Contributed towards the building of the school hall which enabled the project to go ahead
- Re-vamped the reception area with new play equipment and outside under cover area
- Play equipment within the main playground
- Purchase of Chromebooks for the whole school to use
- Funding of experience days, such as Greek day and Falconry experience
- Contribution towards lease of a minibus
- Christmas party for the children and visit from Santa
- Easter egg hunt
- Purchase of sports and entertainment equipment eg. stage lighting, sound system, gym mats
- Year 6 leavers ceremony and disco
Past events - how we do it
Sywell’s Got Talent
Mothers/Fathers day gifts
Christmas card making
Who can belong
If you have a child that attends the school or you work at the school you are automatically a member of the PTFA and would be most welcome at any of the meetings, which are held every 4-5 weeks.
How can we find out more
We have a committee of 3 elected roles, Chair, Treasurer and Secretary, we also have class reps who are key contact points for each year group. Generally this contact is over Whatsapp for each year group. The rest of the PTFA is made up of the school community. You can contact any of the committee members via email
We always welcome new ideas to keep events fresh, fun and social.