Sywell CEVA Primary School Governing Body
Governing bodies are responsible for the strategic management of their school, working to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the head teacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies.
They also carry out a number of other important duties, including:
- Managing the school's budget
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Making decisions around exclusions
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum
- Setting standards for pupils' behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
All governors are appointed for a 4 year term. Local Authority Governors are appointed by the Local Authority (Northamptonshire County Council). Parent and Staff Governors are appointed by the Governing body following an election. Foundation governors are appointed by the Peterborough Diocese.
For further information, please email Darren Parnell
Details of our Governing Body can be found below.
|Governing Body Information|
|Darren Parnell||Local Authority Governor (Chair)|
|Kristel Murphy||Head Teacher|
|Alice Rock||Foundation Governor (Vice Chair)|
|Revd Katrina Hutchins||Foundation Governor|
|Neil Botterill||Foundation Governor|
|David Johnson||Parent Governor|
|Chris Rockall||Parent Governor|